24/7 Emergency Room
Claiborne Memorial Medical Center's Emergency Department provides 24-hour emergency care for adults and children from Claiborne Parish and the surrounding areas.
With a multidiscipinary team of experts who are trained in emergency care, our ER delivers timely, compassionate care to all patients who seek treatment. Our team quickly examines, diagnoses and treats a variety of illnesses and injuries and is able to determine what level of additional follow-up care, if any, is needed.
If you have an illness or injury that is life-threatening, go to the nearest emergency room!
Typical illnesses or injuries that should be treated in the emergency room include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe shortness of breath
- Uncontrollable pain or bleeding
- Signs of a heart attack that last two minutes or more including:
- Pressure, fullness, squeezing or pain in the center of the chest
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach
- Shortness of breath along with or before chest discomfort
- Suicidal or homicidal feelings
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Unexplained dizziness, drowsiness or disorientation
- Signs of a stroke including:
- Sudden weakness or numbing of the face, arm or leg on one side of the body
- Sudden dimness or loss of vision, particularly in one eye
- Loss of speech or trouble speaking
- Sudden, severe headaches with no known cause
- Unexplained dizziness, unsteadiness or falls when accompanied by other stroke symptoms